Thursday, July 06, 2006

Geeky Developer Tips You Might Find Useful

Or you might not. I'm not bothered either way, but in the course of my daily grind as a developer working with SQL Server, VB6, VB.Net, ASP and the like, I often come accross oddities and sometimes a frustrating lack of any information on problems I'm having writing a piece of code or installing something. It occurred to me that I ought to document them, mainly to help myself, but also, in the spirit of fraternal brotherhood, to help all those other poor buggers who are having the same or a similar problem.

We're going to start with two nice little beauties, one of which didn't get entirely solved to my xsatisfaction (but was close enough that I couldn't justify any more time on it) and another which took me 2 days of buggering about to sort out because I couldn't find any clear explanataions of what I was trying to do.

If this helps only one person then at least it has done something useful. If you have any tips you want to submit then leave a comment and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

Monkey Boy

No comments: